Guest Speaker


So at the end of November, I was asked to be a guest speaker at the Riverside Community College Cosmetology Department. That was truly an awesome invitation and a first. I had never done anything like that in my life and I was quite nervous, okay, a little terrified. However, when the day had arrived, with my nerves and all, I absorbed the faces of 50+ persons as they entered into the classroom to hear me speak. Some smiling and some not. Some excited and some not. Some ready to learn, and others not so much. I'm sure you get the picture.

I set up my makeup station, rolled up my sleeves, prayed in my head, took a deep breath and began. I am no Oprah, but I am Equalla and that is what I believe helped me through the 3+ hours. I was just myself. I shared tips and inspirational advice, I did two different makeup demo looks: Bridal and Creative, and I answered all questions asked.

In the end, I believe that not only was able to reach out to aspiring beauty industry professionals but that I walked away with a new confidence and encouragement that this was another purpose for my life. To share my skills, experiences, and helpful advice through the power of guest speaking. Everyday I am inspired by something or someone to do what I do, and if I can be the tool used to inspire the next generation of beauty experts than I will happily accept the position.

Stay inspired...

Comments

Popular Posts