Beaut~E Highlight: Shaunta Frazier of GemiShaun Hair Salon

Hello Beauties!

Welcome, welcome to another Beaut~E Highlight interview!!!

First time here and not sure what a Beaut~E Highlight is? No problem. Here's a quick summary. I have the amazing opportunity to do Q&A with unique individuals and companies that are making their stamp in the world in a positive way. Anyone that loves makeup or familiar with a highlighting product knows that it gives an illuminating effect. That's what an EFB Beaut~E Highlight does...she shines bright like a diamond.

Today, we are highlighting natural hair care expert Shaunta Frazier of GemiShaun Hair Salon. Not only is she gifted with her hands, but if you go to her Instagram page (like I do), you'll get an inspirational or motivational quote which seems to always post when I need a little extra something to get through the day. 

Shaunta you. are. beautiful!

Beaut~E Highlight:

Shaunta Frazier

of

GemiShaun Hair Salon

Photo Credit: Shaunta Frazier


Shaunta Frazier, owner of GemiShaun Hair Salon.



Please share with us a little bit about yourself.

Hi! I’m Shaunta. I’m a single mom of 2 girls, Imani (16) and Indya (11). I am the owner of the new GemiShaun Hair Salon. I have a special love for textured hair and love to help women take care of & fall in love with their natural hair.


Is there a unique story behind your brand/artistry?

I’ve always been told that I have “growing hands” & this has stayed with me through the years. It definitely comes from the fact that anyone who sits in my chair will have their hair treated as if it’s my own. I tell people that my specialty is “healthy” hair. It may seem vague, but I believe if the foundation is good, the style will always work in your favor.

What is your specialty?

My specialty is healthy, natural hair. I fell in love with the beauty of textured hair back in 1998 when I transitioned out of a relaxer.

I became a licensed cosmetologist in 2001 and even though natural hair wasn’t showcased like it is today, my focus was on natural hair right out of cosmetology school. I pride myself in caring for the delicate strands of wavy, curly, coily hair. My most requested styles are  the Gemi Curl Method, FlexiRod Sets & Flat Twist Updo’s.

I am a DevaCurl inspired stylist. I am also Pravana and Matrix certified. 




Where are you based?

 I am based in Lawrenceville, GA. It’s about 30 minutes from the city of Atlanta.

Outside of artistry is there anything else that you enjoy doing?

Everything I like to do outside of hairstyling still revolves around creating. I love to decorate, craft, do DIY’s & I enjoy entertaining. I love to plan and execute events. I’m also a HUGE movie buff. I love the feel and sound of a movie theater.

How do we connect with you on social media?

You can follow me on:

 Instagram @gemishaunhair

Twitter @gemishaun

How do we schedule an appointment?

My website is coming soon! 

All appointments can be booked at www.vagaro.com/gemishaunhairsalon

Amazing!

What inspires you?

My daughters inspire me. Everyday I try to be a better mom, daughter, sister, friend & business woman because I know that they’re watching me. Even though they’re young, they have taught me many things and keep me going on days I feel like giving up.

I’m also inspired by my mom. She is the kindest, most God-fearing woman I know and because she’s lives with intention and purpose, I strive to be like her.

Anyone who is inspired by what you do...what advice can you share?

I advise any upcoming hairstylist to:


*Continue to educate yourself.

*Remember that your clients are walking billboards.

*Don’t worry about what anyone else is doing. *You’re only competing to better than the last style you did.

*Never jeopardize the health of the hair for a cute style.

*Believe in yourself! If you don’t, why should anyone else?


Wow, that was awesome! 

Now what's something random  or fun about you?

I’m the biggest kid at heart. My family is a Disney family & we usually go to Disneyworld at LEAST once a year. When you visit my salon, you will catch me in my Mickey crocs, carrying my Mickey bag & I always have my Mickey earrings on (even though my favorite character is Goofy!).

Goofy is pretty cool and Disney is magical!

So in closing, please share what 'beauty' means to you?

A good spirit is beautiful to me. I always tell my daughters that a genuinely good person is always going to exude beauty regardless of physical beauty. Confidence is also beautiful. I love to see young women who are comfortable in their own skin.


Thank you Shaunta for your time and being our September 2020 Beaut~E Highlight!

Keep Shining,

Equalla 💋

Facebook

Instagram

Makeup Work


Are you enjoying the Beaut~E Highlight posts? Let me know in the comments. Also share, share, share.


Comments

Popular Posts